Video: How the Economy Will Effect the P/C Insurance Industry in 2012
Click to Print This Page
NYSSA's 16th Annual Insurance Conference featured presentations from a number of leaders in the insurance industry. Dr. Robert Hartwig, PhD, CPCU, President and Economist, Insurance Information Institute, gives an overview of how the current economic climate will affect the insurance industry. Hartwig's overall perspective is optimistic.
Predictions for 2012:
- Although exposures are at their highest since 2004, they will not be restored until mid-decade.
- No traditional hard market will emerge this year.
- Increasing private sector hiring will drive payrolls/WC exposures.
- Demand for commercial insurance will accelerate.
- Auto insurers will see growth with a recovery in auto sales.
- New home construction will continue to see very little growth.