Career Podcast: The Key Components of an Elevator Pitch
Click to Print This Page
Can you answer the question, "What do you do?" concisely, without hesitation, and in a compelling way? If not, you may need to work on your elevator pitch. Career coach Pat Drew talks about the key elements of a solid, effective pitch and why this commonly overlooked career management step is so important.
Things to remember:
- Five questions a good elevator pitch should answer:
- What do you do and what are you passionate about?
- What is the problem or challenge your services address?
- What benefits do you bring to the table?
- What is your credibility?
- What is your goal?
- Advertise your value to others – otherwise, they'll never know.
- Think about your pitch objectively. You're not bragging; you're presenting essential facts about yourself.
- Be able to communicate clear career goals for the future.